Before you start designing your virtual booth, set goals and identify your target. Are you looking to make an impression on current customers or attract new ones? Are you launching a new product? What kind of content will you need? The good part is, this can be identified without changing out of your pajamas. Need help? Let us show you how to sell and win!
- Basic setup before we begin
- How to access your virtual booth
- Designing your virtual booth
- Creating Display Items or Integrating with Shopify
- Video conferencing with attendees
- Preview your virtual booth and test all links/buttons
Before we begin...
- Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- We recommend that you do not use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
- This is the page you, and all your team, will log into to access your booth, both before and during the event.
- We recommend that you save your username and password to your browser, so that you don't have to remember it every time.
- If you have other teammates who will be accessing your booth, you need to share this login information with them. They will not have their own login. There is one username and password per Exhibitor.
- Forgot your password? View this tutorial on how to reset it.
After logging in, if you don't see your order page, hover your mouse over your name on the top right of the page (as shown below), and click on My Event Hub.
After arriving on your Order Dashboard, navigate to the event you are looking for and click on the Access Virtual Booth button. This will lead to your virtual booth page, where you can start designing your booth!
NOTE: You cannot access your virtual booth page until your submission has been approved by the event organizer!
Always in Edit Mode
Whenever you're in your booth, you should be in Edit Mode, shown as selected with an underline at the very top of your webpage.
- Edit Mode is always where you should access your booth
- Click on Attendee View to copy the public url for your booth and share it with all your friends and followers. This is how they will access your booth when it goes live, and what their view will look like. Don't let it confuse you when you're editing.
Again, you should always be in Edit Mode to manage and make changes to your booth, whether that's before the event, or when the event is live.
Now let's take a look at your booth
Everything circled in blue here is controlled by the organizer. To learn how to message your Event Organizer, click here.
- Whether your event is Published. If this does not display as "Published," we have a new feature where you just click on the status and send a request to the organizer to publish your booth.
- Whether your event is Featured. It is entirely up to the organizer to feature your booth. You cannot control this. If your booth is featured, it will appear first in the Vendor list on the mainpage, and have a Featured badge above the booth name (as seen here).
- Booth sessions hours are set by the event organizers. These are the hours that the event, and your booth (including video chat), will go live. If you do not see set hours, please contact your event organizer. You cannot update them.
- The Booth Services resource is something that the event organizers choose to provide. Booth Services is a resource where an event organizer can provide you internal guides, answer questions, etc. It is only active during event hours. If Booth Services is unavailable, it is either outside of event hours or your event organizer did not set it up. This has nothing to do with your booth and how it will be viewed by attendees.
- If there is no Booth Services link, and you're having issues, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Designing your Virtual Booth
Think colorful, high contrast, and high impact. Your messaging and designs should be sized to fit the display areas. This ranges from your cover image, logo, product images to the image of the representative working the virtual booth. You can leverage these to make the attendees visiting your booth have a memorable experience. Below are steps on how to add details and required URL formatting.
Whenever you edit your booth, make sure to scroll all the way down on the right sidebar and click "Save Details."
Without this, all your efforts will be lost! Don't forget to Save Details.
NOTE: You can always make changes to your booth from Edit Mode, even during the event! Just make sure you click "Save Changes" and those changes will be effective immediately. It won't break your booth or anything!
In Edit Mode, you can click the "Edit Description" Button to open up an editable field where you can add words, pictures, links, and more to describe your booth. Don't forget to hit Save when you're done!
To add a picture to this section, click the little landscape image icon next to the the hyperlink.
Using Widgets to Add Videos, Social Media Feeds, and Custom iFrames
Below the Booth Description section, you'll see another button that says "Manage Widgets." You can use this to link videos, social media feeds, or even your own custom iFrame code to embed! Take a peek at what you can do here:
- For more info on adding live social media feeds, please click here.
- For more info on adding videos, please click here.
- For more info on adding custom iFrame embed code, please click here.
Name and Contact Information
The first part of your booth in the editing sidebar on the right of the page is the name and contact information.
- Name of your booth (brand or company name) (required)
- Custom slug - You can change your custom slug (the end of the URL people use to find your booth) by first having your booth unpublished and then changing the slug. You cannot change the slug while your booth is published
- Business location (optional)
- Contactable phone number (optional)
- Customizable CTA button: You can choose this to be a contact form, where visitors can send a message to whatever email address you put in, or you can choose to link out to another page on the internet. You also have the option to not have a button here!
- Age Verification checkbox - If your booth contains adult content, you can check this box and then choose what age requirement to specify for people accessing your booth.
Main Hall Thumbnail + Short Description
This is the thumbnail and description of your booth that will appear on the Main Event Page. Make it something that'll catch their eye and make them want to click on your booth to learn more!
From the Main Hall page of your event, attendees can see all the booths displayed as thumbnails with an image. If they hover over one, a description pops up.
Additionally, people can filter booths by Type from the Main Hall, as you can see in the upper right corner of the above screenshot. These filters are drawn from the Tags you set on Display Items. If you have a certain tag on at least one of your Display Items, then it will be returned by that tag in this filter dropdown from the Main Stage. For more information on Display Items, see below or click here to jump to that section.
Website, Social Media, and Shopify Links
It is likely that you have a website or social media links that you would like to provide for your viewers. This is where they can see these links!
- Website URL
- Social media links (Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram -- need to be entered in the format https://www.twitter.com/your_username with the full url.
- Shopify - if you plan on integrating Shopify into your booth, read more below.
Below the Booth Description section in the center of the page, you will find a place to add and showcase Display items.
If you have a Shopify store, you can connect it by pasting in your Shopify url in the field on the editing sidebar. For more info on how to integrate Shopify into your booth, please check out our article on Integrating Shopify to your Virtual Booth.
If you do not have Shopify, you can still add Display Items, just uploading your own images and linking to your own urls. For more information, check out our article on How to Add Products to Your Booth. That article also includes information on how to rearrange your Display Items. Once finished, attendees visiting your booth will be able to view your products/services and filter based on their interest. The tags to filter Display Items come from the tags you set in the Edit Display Item view.
Pro tip: always test all the links on your page by clicking on them and seeing if they open the correct page. Do this before the event goes live to make sure everything on your booth page works!
Graphics for Brand Design
In Edit Mode, If you scroll down on the right side bar, you will see the "Brand Design" section.
- Upload a logo - Images only (file types: jpeg, jpg and png). Preferred measurements: 200px x 200px
- Upload a cover image - Images only (file types: jpeg, jpg and png). Preferred measurements: 1600px x 500px
- If you want a cover video behind your logo instead of an image, you can do this by adding a video url. This will take the place of the cover image, even if you still have an image uploaded here. For a more detailed walk-through on how to do this, please look at our guide on How to add a pre-recorded video to your virtual booth.
Whatever you change, remember to always click the Save Details button at the bottom of the sidebar.
For more in-depth guides, please refer to our pages on
Begin by specifying your settings for the Virtual Chat Room. Scrolling down on the right editing sidebar, you should see this section.
The default expectation is that you will be using EventHub's built-in and free Virtual Chat room. If you would like to Use External Conferencing, simply click the text at the bottom and enter your url for external conferencing (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.)
If you're using EventHub's Virtual Chat, here are details about some of the most important features:
- Age Verification will default to Off. If you would like to enable it, select this box and choose the age limit from the dropdown.
- To allow the participants to chat you via typed messages (if they're camera shy), leave the Enable Chat selected.
- You can limit the number of participants who are allowed to enter your video chat at once, by entering a number into the "Participant Limit" field. You and your hosts are not included in the count.
Whatever you change here, remember to always click the Save Details button at the bottom of the sidebar.
If there are different teammates who will be in the booth, be sure to edit the "Person in the Booth" section at the bottom of the editing sidebar, and click Save Details. It is totally fine to do this while the event is live. Nothing will go wrong, you can always edit your booth during the event and it will update appropriately.
During booth sessions attendees can access the virtual video chat which will be displayed via your cover image. They can interact and at the same time scroll through your products and services while the video camera floats with them at the bottom right of their screen.
Go ahead, and try it out yourself! Click on "Start Practice Chat" to 'rehearse'!
Note: If this feature was not enabled by the event organizer, you will need to message them to learn more on having this feature turned on. Click here to learn how to message the event organizer
Also, you need to allow pop-ups, camera, and microphone access to enable this feature. For a step-by-step guide on how to do this: CLICK HERE.
Check out a completed virtual booth:
Plus, on the event's main page, the attendees can search for your booth based on brand name, keyword search from your description and product/service tags
Don't forget to "preview" your page and click ALL of the links to ensure they are working and attendees can access them (i.e. conference link, google doc, YouTube video not set to private, etc). Go back to "edit" mode to tweak as needed. The "Attendee View" link is for you to share with your friends, family and customers to visit your booth directly!
Depending on the event, your virtual booth may remain up for as many as 30 days after the official programming ends, so make it count!
If you need additional support
Please email us at email@example.com with your Booth Name, Event Name, and a description of the problem. We love screenshots!!