In this article we're going to focus on embedding content within a Session, for more information on how to create Sessions on your Event Schedule, please refer to this help article.
The EventHub platform offers our own, free live video chat for you to use in your Virtual Booths as well as Session programming. If you would like to learn how to use that, click here.
We also offer Zoom Embed, so you can use the Zoom video chat platform, but it will appear at the top of the Session page on EventHub. Learn more about Zoom embed here.
The following section talks about how to add an External Conferencing link, so users will actually be taken out of the EventHub site to join your video conference. Read on for how to do this!
Adding Programming to a Session
Once you have a session created, you add Programming slots by going into the Program tab of the Editing sidebar.
Let's take a closer look at the Programming section.
One of the Types of Programming you can add is External Conference URL.
To do this, click the ADD button to bring up the editing pop up for Session content.
From the Type dropdown list, choose "External Conference URL" and fill in the following:
- Name: This is the name that will appear at the top of the page for participants to "Launch NAME". See below for an example.
- Type: We have selected "External Conference URL" here.
- Duration: This is the time allotted for this external conferencing session.
- Conference URL: The URL that allows participants to join your chat elsewhere, whether it's Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Meet, etc. It can also be a different platform. Just make sure that the link has the proper access so someone outside the organization can join!
- For example, if you connect an external conferencing platform, when Attendees come to your session at the specified time, they will see a placeholder at the top of the page with a button to "Launch" whatever you named your Programming Block. We named ours "Q&A" so it looks like this:
Click Save to save this Programming and close the editing box. You can always edit features of your External Conference info after you Save it, but you cannot change the Programming Type after you create it. That means that you can't switch an External Conference URL to a Zoom Embed after you create it, so you need to know your Programming Type when you start filling the details in.
To learn specifically about linking out to a passcode-protected Zoom meeting, please refer to this guide.