- How to access your virtual village
- Designing your virtual village and integrating with Google Analytics
- Video Conferencing and Main Stage Live or Pre-recorded streaming
- Activating or Deactivating virtual booth access for your exhibitors
- Video Chat options for your Exhibitors
- Accessing your vendor's virtual booth
- Featuring partners and publishing virtual booths
- Publishing your virtual village
- Link for your attendees
How do I get to my Virtual Village?
Designing your virtual village and integrating with Google Analytics
Step 1: Event Details
- Event Name - type in your event's name
- Custom URL Slug - This is part of the URL that comes after the domain extension (no spaces!) **NOTE: if you edit the URL slug, the old one will become expired
- Website URL - copy and paste your event's website. (formatting required: https://www.) Your customers will be able to link back to your site! (no spaces!)
- Twitter URL - formatting required https://www.twitter.com/enteryourhandle
- Facebook URL - formatting required https://www.facebook.com/enteryourhandle
- Instagram URL - formatting required https://www.instagram.com/enteryourhandle
Tip: Click on the social and home icon blocks to ensure your URLS are linking back correctly. Toggle from Editor to Preview mode (experience the virtual ride before your attendees do!)
- Upload your header logo - images only (file types: jpeg, jpg and png). Preferred measurements: max heigh 80px and max width 200px
- Upload a cover image- images only (file types: jpeg, jpg and png). Preferred measurements: height 500px and width 1600px
- Select your brand color - click on the hex color picker, select preferred color or type in your hex code
- You have the option to link your account to Google Analytics to track the incoming traffic your event is receiving
- To link your Google Analytics account, locate your tracking ID and paste it into corresponding box
- For more information about creating and linking Google Analytics go to: Creating and Linking Your Google Analytics Account
Step 4: Video Conferencing and Main Stage Live Streaming
- General info video call link - preferred zoom link, but also can integrate with Google Meet, or Google Hangouts. This is a general info booth for your virtual attendees and accessible during virtual event booth sessions
- Exhibitor info/help booth video call Link - preferred zoom link, but also can integrate with Google Meet, or Google Hangouts. This is a info booth for your virtual vendors/partners and accessible during virtual event booth sessions
- Virtual booth sessions - Add the start and end date for your virtual event (these are the hours the exhibitors are to be "live").
- Main stage live stream - enter the YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, or Wistia URL and the livestream start and end dates. If your livestream is live, the side chat bar will be available. If your livestream is prerecorded, the chat bar will be hidden. The broadcast floats with the attendee as they scroll through the virtual village and enter exhibitor's booths
Amazing! You are all set - click the "Save Details" button to save your last edits and be sure to preview your village page.
Video Chat options for your Exhibitors/Vendors/Sponsors
Your partners have the ability to use a third-party video chat service or they can use our free built-in video chat app. To allow external conferencing apps (i.e. Zoom, Hangouts, Skype, etc) check the box displayed in the image below and then click the "save details" button. If you want to restrict them from using an external video chat, keep that box unchecked.
and at the same time scroll through their products and services while the video camera floats with them at the bottom right of their screen. As the event organizer, you will be able to 'terminate' or 'boot' a participant from the session if inappropriate activity is being conducted
Click HERE to learn how to setup this feature and experience it yourself!
Activate or deactivate virtual booth access for your exhibitor's approved orders
If all of your orders are going to exhibit at the virtual event with a booth, you will want to turn the switch "Enable Virtual Village Profiles By Default For All Exhibitors" on in the Pricing tab via the Edit Showcase Page Link
Turn Toggle On: Once you approve an order, the virtual village profile will appear giving access to the exhibitor to design their virtual booth
Other option for events that are having a hybrid event, is to keep that switch turned off and if the exhibitor purchased a virtual booth, you can enable the virtual profile via the submissions dashboard.
Once you approve your exhibitor's order the next step is to Activate the Virtual Profile. Check the box for the exhibitor's order summary and then select on Activate Virtual Profile via the actions drop-down. From the actions drop-down you can deactivate access as well.
See it in action in this short video!
You are probably wondering "how can I access my vendor's page to view, edit and then publish and feature their virtual booth?" Lets go through those steps!
Steps to accessing a vendor's virtual booth editor and preview mode. Along with featuring, publishing and editing the booth details:
1. Go to your Manage Submissions dashboard and click Manage Virtual Village button
2. Click on "learn more" to enter a virtual booth
Featuring Partners and Publishing Virtual Booths
Toggle the Feature and Publish button on (green display means it is enabled). Header has the edit and preview switch mode. Right side menu wizard allows the event organizer to tweak the booth details as needed.
**Note: publishing a virtual booth does not make their page visible to the public until your virtual event is activated (live). Go ahead and publish their virtual booth soon as it is ready. I suggest giving them a timeline with deliverables.
If you access the virtual booth via the vendor's order summary details and click on the Virtual Link when the booth is not published...
Then you will get this message. Why? That is because their page is not published (in-progress).
Publish Your Virtual Village
When you are ready to make your virtual expo/village live for attendees to access, go ahead and click on the Publish Event toggle! Green means it is enabled.
Link to share with your attendees
First click on public mode. The link displayed on your browser's URL field is for your attendees to access the virtual village. Now remember, editing the url slug will make the previous url expire (meaning invalid) so be sure to lock in your customized url slug before you share the public link. Each exhibitor booth has their own URL.