NOTE: If you’ve already assigned Speakers to Sessions, you need to use the same Speaker Ticket Number that you entered on their Session page.
Click any of the following links to jump to that section on the page:
- Step 1: Add a Speaker to your Event
- Step 2: Set a Speaker's Ticket Number
- Step 3: Add Speaker Ticket to Event
- Step 4: Get Speaker Access Link
- What Speaker Access Gives Them
Step 1: Add a Speaker to your Event
From the main page of your event, click Manage Speakers in the editing sidebar under the Design tab.
This will bring you to a page where you can add and manage speakers.
Click the Add a Speaker button in the upper right to add a speaker to the page. You will then see a pop up to enter Title and Access Ticket Number.
Access Ticket Number is optional at this step. If you don't enter a Ticket Number here, you can do so on their Speaker page.
Step 2: Set a Speaker's Ticket Number
To access the Speaker's Page, click on their thumbnail on the Speaker page, and refer to the "Speaker's Ticket Number" field in the editing sidebar.
This ticket number can be a combination of letters and numbers, it's helpful to use something related to the speaker you're adding. For example, we made the code for Michael Bleau as "Bleau2020." Every Ticket Number needs to be unique, so each person needs a different code. You can't just use "EventSpeakerTicket" for all of them. Once you enter a Ticket Number, don't forget to click the Save Details button.
Step 3: Add Speaker Ticket to Event
Return to your Main Hall page and go to the "Access" tab in the editing toolbar and click on Manage Attendee Ticket Access.
From the Management Actions dropdown, click 'Add Single Attendee,' and make sure to enter the same code we saved as the Speaker's Ticket Number in the pop up.
Once you hit 'Save,' you'll see this new speaker added in your list of ticketed attendees.
Step 4: Get Speaker Access Link
After you add a Speaker's ticket number, you'll see a newly added row:
- Make sure the Ticket Number you entered matches what was on the Speaker's page.
- Click Copy Access Link to copy the link for the Speaker to access the event to you clipboard. Compose an email to the Speaker, and just Paste in this link.
- To Paste the link, you go to your menu bar, open the Edit dropdown, and choose Paste.
- Or you can press the keys Command-V on a Mac or Control-V on Windows.
What Speaker Access Gives Them
A Speaker can use their unique Speaker link to access your event. This gives them:
- the ability to edit their own Speaker page
- the ability to edit any Sessions their associated with, and have Admin controls when the Session is live.
Don't worry, a Speaker cannot edit anyone else's pages. They can only edit the Speaker Profile that has the corresponding Ticket Number and is therefore associated with their account.
For more info on this, please refer to this guide we made for you to share with speakers on how to edit their own pages: CLICK HERE.
Please sign in to leave a comment.