NOTE: To review your event's metrics,
you need to log into your Google Analytics account.
Topics covered in this article:
- What Tracking Data We Send
- Getting the Data from Google Analytics
What Tracking Data We Send
This is what we track of your event on EventHub, and then send over to GA:
- Number of visits to your Event Main Stage
- Number of visits each Booth received
- For each booth:
- # of clicks for product display
- # of clicks on message button
- # of clicks on social links
- Overall metrics, like direct traffic, total users, unique users, etc.
How to Set Up Google Analytics
1. Click on the Admin icon on the far left bottom:
2. Click on Create Account - Google Analytics will immediately bring you to the Account Setup page. Add your Account Name (i.e. Event name and year). Then click the "Next" button
3. Property Setup- Google will give you the to add your "Property Setup" name. Add the same account name. Then click the 'Show Advance Options" link and turn the toggle on to the far right of "Create a Universal Analytics Property". Enter the Attendee View url public link for your virtual event page. Then click the "Next" button
4. About Your Business - Check any boxes relevant or skip this section. Then click the "create" button and then acknowledge all required terms and conditions boxes on the right side. Once all check boxes related to the terms and conditions are checked, the "I Accept" button will be enabled. Click that button.
4. Click on the "Connected site tags" field. Then on the right site will be your UA number will be revealed.
5. Copy and paste it into the corresponding box in your virtual village page under the Info Tab!
Don't forget to click the "Save Details" button at the bottom of the menu. The metrics will all be available moving forward by accessing your Google Analytics account.
Getting the Data from Google Analytics
NOTE: To review your event's metrics, you need to log into your Google Analytics account.You do not access this from EventHub.
Once you login to Google Analytics, you need to export the data for Audience > Overview. Then export the data for Behavior > Events > Pages.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org