Organizers: How to Create an Event Listing
Step 1: Welcome to Event Hub
Welcome to Event Hub! Our site features an online vendor booth management platform and sponsorship marketplace. Once you create your account on Event Hub, you’ll want to create your first event listing which we call a "Showcase Page" on the marketplace. Through this, both returning vendors and new sponsors who find you through the marketplace can apply for space at your event. This guide is a step-by-step walk through of how to create your first Showcase Page. Below are some of the key Event Hub lingo to help you get familiar with the platform.
Event “Showcase Page”
- The showcase page is your event listing page. Once live, this is a public page searchable from our Airbnb-styled home page that highlights the best aspects of your event from a vendor and sponsor's perspective.
- The term Vendor on the site generally refers to anyone looking to sell, promote or otherwise exhibit at a festival. These include craft vendors, commercial vendors, promotional tours and sponsor brands or organizations.
- A cover image refers to your main “hero” event picture on your showcase page, similar to cover photos on popular social sites like Facebook.
- Our term for a "vendor application". We call them booth profiles, because a vendor can save multiple booth "profiles" to their account to expedite completing event applications.
- The eyeball icon is visible above the create event wizard menu. You can select this to see how your Showcase Page looks in a new tab, at any point in the wizard.
Now that you understand some Event Hub terminology, lets get your event listed!
Step 2: Initial Signup for an Event Organizer account (Skip to Step 3 if you already have an account)
To list an event on the marketplace and field submissions, you'll need to have an Event Organizer account.
- You will begin with clicking the ‘Signup’ button on the top right of the website header.
- When prompted with a choice of account type, (Vendors vs Organizer account), select ‘Organizer.’
- Next you will be prompted to input your Account Data. This includes your general name, phone number, organization, etc. After you input your information, go ahead and click sign up.
- Here is where you pick your Event Hubr plan. Details of each plan may be found at the header of the site under ‘Features/Pricing.’ You may choose from the following:
- Starter Plan: $797/annually
- Basic Plan: $2,997/annually
- Premium Plan: $5,997/annually
- Enterprise Plan: Custom Pricing
Step 3: Creating a New Event Listing
If you are logged in, all you need to do is select Create New Event from your main dropdown menu.
- You begin with selecting your event type. This is how you classify the category of your event. Selecting an event type enables vendors and sponsors to choose which events they want to support based on similar interests of their company or product.
- Detail all the basic info of your event including name, venue, and address.
- Click ‘Save’ to move on to the next step. (This is the same for each step)
- If you are unsure about region, click the map link.
- You will start with uploading all (if any) documents you have that help detail your event. You may add an Event Map, Vendor/Booth Floor Plan, and a Sponsorship Document aka Media Kit.
- Next you will enter an event description. This is the description all potential vendors and sponsors will see when they view your event so make it count!
- After this are event Demographics. Demographics refer to the characteristics of event attendees. We have 5 graphics (1 gender and 4 pie charts) auto-populated from the demographic fields, and you can also enter custom demographics into the text box.
- After the final demographic, Income Range, you will be required to enter in the previous year’s attendance for your event (or estimated attendance if it’s a new event).
- Following attendance you will enter in any event terms and cancellation policies you have set in place for your vendors and sponsors.
- Next you will be able to list past sponsors for your event including uploading their logos to your showcase page.
- Marketing statistics follows next and this includes any monetary amount you have spent on your event for advertising, including in-kind values.
- Lastly, you will be able to select any prohibited vendor categories that are not allowed at your event. This assures that vendors and sponsors are aware of the guidelines for your event.
- Click ‘Next to continue.
- *Note: If you get a ‘Please Correct Errors’ message, chances are you put commas in your numbers and these need to be removed to continue.
- Select applicable amenities, free or paid, available at your event. You will be able to select which (if any) amenities are available for your event, whether they are included complimentary, or sold as “add-ons” to booth orders (see <add-ons> for more details on this). This allows any potential vendors and/or sponsors to decide if setting up at your event would be a good fit for them.
Photos and Video
- The best way to showcase your event! You will start by clicking the ‘Upload Photos’ button to attach photos to your event showcase. **Uploaded pictures must be under 6MB in size.**
- You can add multiple photos, then choose your best photo and click ‘Set Cover Image’ to set the cover image of your event listing.
- *Note you can click ‘Preview Listing’ at the top to ensure your photo is the correct size, quality, and looks the way you want it to with your listing.
- After you’ve added all your photos and selected your cover image, you may choose to upload video URL’s that feature your event. Simply paste the link to your video into ‘Video URL’ and add a description underneath.
- Click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Event Hub allows you to organize vendors by category.
- A list of default categories is provided. You can delete any of the categories that do not apply, and create new ones as needed.
- To create a new category simply enter the title where it says 'Enter Participant Category' and click the 'Add' button.
- In Application Profile you can opt for vendors to include booth images and product images by clicking the Yes/No buttons.
- Custom Questions: You can create custom questions for your vendors in long answer, short answer and multiple choice formats.
- You are also able to customize which questions so they only show for particular categories with the Edit Vendor Categories button. Be aware that all custom questions will be required for matching categories!
- Just select the category you wish the question to display for and click save.
- Required vendor info consists of any paperwork you necessitate to participate in your event. Adding in these required documents for your vendors and sponsors let’s them know ahead of time what paperwork they need to complete prior to the opening of your event.
- Simply click on any of the documents you wish to require of your sponsors and/or vendors and it will select it.
- Following the required paperwork you also have the option to require any custom documents that you deem necessary for your event.
To add a document requirement, click the upload icon next to the folder you would like to add to, then select a document from your desktop to add. A pop-up will appear where you can Rename the document, choose the Requirements, and Add Instructions:
- The pricing section is where you can add in the details, sizing, and prices of your vendor spaces and sponsorships.
- If you plan on offering event spaces at your event, start with clicking add/edit under ‘Event Spaces'.
- Type in the Event Space Name and price and then click the 'Add Space' button.
- You can then scroll down just a bit to ‘Current Event Spaces’ to see the spaces you've created.
- Check the 'Enable Inventory Tracking' button to add in the amount of each space type you'd like to offer.
- Repeat these steps to add as many different vendor spaces as you choose.
- Once you are done adding vendor spaces, click ‘Next’ to continue.
- You have now been taken back to the main Pricing page. You can add in sponsorships if you choose by clicking the ‘Add/Edit’ button under Sponsorships.
- Under ‘Add New Event Sponsorship’ you may enter the sponsorship name, price, and what the package includes.
- Next click the ‘Add Sponsorship’ button to save this sponsorship to your event showcase.
- If you scroll down just a bit you will see ‘Current Event Sponsorships’
- Repeat these steps to add as many different sponsorships as you choose.
- Once you are done adding sponsorships click ‘Next’ to continue.
- You have now been taken back to the main Pricing page. You can now add Add-Ons if you choose by clicking the ‘Add/Edit’ button under Add-Ons.
- You can create your own add-ons by selecting the appropriate category and then typing in the product name you wish to have listed as well as the price and clicking the ‘Add’ button
- Once you are done with your add-ons you can click the ‘Next’ button to continue
- Now that you have added the pricing for all the options for your event, click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Payment settings refers to the method you wish to receive payment for any sponsorships or vendor spaces purchased.
- Your first payment option is credit card/PayPal. If you choose to select this option, you will need to enter your PayPal email in for payments to be directed to your account.
- You can also opt to check the 'Enable 3% Credit Card Processing Fee' box if you wish to have an extra 3% added to the vendor's total to cover any PayPal fees.
- Your next option is to get paid via check. You will need to enter in a name and address for the check to get mailed to. If you enter the zip code the City and State/Province sections will automatically populate for you.
- You may also opt to check both options and allow vendors to choose whichever payment method they prefer.
- *Note: If you have the A La Carte plan, these payment options will not be offered. Payment from your vendors and sponsors will go directly to Event Hub and we will release payment to you within 48 hours, less applicable booking fees.
- If you want to upload a W9 form click the 'Upload W9 form' button.
- If you'd like to customize vendor invoices with your event logo and info, you may add it to the Invoice Customization.
- Click ‘Next’ to continue
- This is where you will set the dates for your event. Click on the dates for a calendar to pop-up and select the dates of your event.
- You can then set the event hours for each day under ‘Set Event Hours’
- After you set the times for your event, you will be able to set a registration deadline for vendors and sponsors. Click the date under ‘Set Registration Deadline’ to set a registration deadline for your vendors and sponsors. This will show up in red text on your Showcase page.
- Click ‘Next’ to continue.
- Once you have finished all of the required sections check marks will appear next to each section on the left hand tab. Click the Submit Event button which will become active. Select it, and Congratulations, you're done! Your event will be reviewed by admin, and made live in the marketplace within 48 hours, often sooner.