What are Social Widgets?
Social Widgets are simple widgets in the middle of the Main Hall page that allows users to input their social media website profile URLs and display their feed embedded right in the Main Hall. Attendees can click the widgets to be taken to that site, where they can like, follow, and subscribe.
- NOTE: For Pinterest, we only support links to boards, not profiles or individual posts.
- NOTE: For Facebook, we only support links to Pages, not Events or Profiles. Additionally, we can only display Pages that are visible to people when they are not logged in to Facebook. More on this below.
- NOTE: For YouTube, you need to copy the URL from the browser bar, not the Share button below the video. A link with the "youtu.be" format will not work.
Facebook Widget Not Working?
If you're not seeing anything load in your Facebook widget, there are a couple of things to check.
- We only support displaying Facebook Pages, not Events or Profiles.
- We can only display Pages that are visible to people when they are not logged in to Facebook. But don't worry, you can always change your settings so that the page will display! To do this, go to the page you manage, you should see a sidebar on the left.
Click on Settings at the very bottom.
This should take you to a page where you're already on the first "General" tab.
You need to make sure that under Country Restrictions and Age Restrictions, it says "Page is visible to everyone." If not, click Edit on the far right and change your settings.