Uploading banners to your event can help draw attention to certain websites via external links or your sponsor booths!
To get started, access your Virtual Village Profile. Make sure you are using "Edit Mode" while in your virtual village.
1. Click on the "Programming" tab in the editor mode.
2. Click on the green "Manage Display Ads" button right below the tab labels. This should bring you to a new page where you can manage your display ads.
3. In the upper right corner of the page, click on the green "Create Display Ad" button. You will then have to enter the corresponding information:
Label - A very brief description for the ad.
Placement - The placement of the ad is determined by the dimensions you want the banner image to be. If you would like to use a vertical image, the ad will placed on the main stage. If you would like to use a horizontal image, the ad will be placed on the main hall.
- Main Hall (Horizontal) ads will appear below the header image on the Main Hall page. Rotate automatically on 10 second intervals. No limit to ads uploaded
- Main Stage (Vertical) ads are displayed for 25 seconds, and then the next ad gets displayed after 5 mins. "Skip ad" CTA button is not removable and is there for best practices. There is no limit to ads uploaded. If you are livestreaming and have "chat box" enabled, the ad will takeover. The chat box will not be displayed while an ad is displayed.
Redirection - You can choose to redirect users who click on the ad to an external website URL or a booth
Ad Image - The image that you would like to use to display the ad. We accept JPEG and PNG files. The size of the image must match the required dimensions, which depend on the image orientation:
Horizontal Ads can be
- 728px by 90px
- 468px by 60px
Vertical Ads can be
- 300px by 250px
- 300px by 600px
- 160px by 600px
4. When you are finished, click "Save Changes" at the bottom right of the box. You can then confirm that your display ad has been created.
5. In order to activate the ad, you need to toggle the button at the left edge to "Green." This means it's active and will be seen on the public event.
6. Once your ad has been created, and you've toggled it on, you can return to your virtual village page by clicking "Save Display Ad Changes" at the top right of the page.
Tip** Don't forget to use the "Preview Mode" of your virtual village to preview how your display ads look!