This article is a great step-by-step guide for events that have been cancelled needing to cancel and refund their vendors.
- Make your event listing "Inactive".
- Include the word "Cancelled" in the title of your event (i.e. "Cancelled: Pizza Fest")
- Batch message your vendors alerting them on the event being cancelled and next steps (detail your process and what they should anticipate in terms of being refunded)
- Export a copy of your submissions before making any changes to reference as needed
- Cancel the submissions
- Refund the submissions accordingly
How to make your event listing "Inactive"
Let's get you started!
Click "My Event Hub" from your main Event Hub dropdown. You will be directed to your dashboard with your active events. Click on the blue "Make Inactive" button for the event(s) you want removed from the marketplace.
- Don't forget to unlink your page from your website and note that registration closed due to the event being cancelled- even if your Showcase Page is out of the marketplace, it can be accessed via direct link.
- In case someone still has the direct link to your Showcase Page from past emails etc, you can also mark all of your booth spaces/sponsorships as "Sold Out" on your Pricing tab, just to be sure!
From the Pricing tab, click on Add/Edit under Event Spaces:
Then, click Sold Out for each booth space. The active status will be in blue! Follow the same steps for your sponsorship opportunities.
Edit the name of the event, adding the word "Cancelled"
First go to your event wizard by selecting the 'Edit Showcase Page link'. Then proceed to the 'Basic Information' tab. Update as desired, and be sure to click the "save" button.
Communicate with your vendors/sponsors
Batch message your vendors before cancelling their orders to not create panic or confusion. This article will detail how to batch message your vendors.
Export a copy of your submissions before making any changes to reference as needed
This article will detail how to export your submissions in an excel or CSV format.
Cancel the submissions (**before taking any action, read the section on how to refund a cancelled order)
To cancel an order proceed to the "Manage Submissions" dashboard and locate the order you wish to cancel. On the top right corner should be a Red Circle with an 'X' in it.
Refund a Cancelled Order
**Notes Before You Begin:
Recording refunds on the "Refunds" Tab on your Submissions Dashboard will NOT process a refund through your chosen payment gateway. This is for recording purposes only. Refunding orders through the order summary will process a refund and does not include the credit card fee. If you are refunding the credit card fee, adjust the refund amount accordingly.
Sub-users at the Coordinator level will not have access to this feature.
This article will detail how to process refunds
Let us know if you run into any questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org