Please note: this feature is currently only available through the Stripe payment gateway and alternate payment methods!
Sometimes it is hard for exhibitors to pay for larger orders all at once. To accommodate these exhibitors, you can enable payment via installment plans:
1. Proceed to your event wizard via the "Edit Showcase Page" link on your event.
2. Proceed to the "Payment Settings" tab.
3. Depending on the types of payments your event accepts, there are two types of installment plans you can enable:
3a. If your event accepts check payments, you can select "Offer check initial deposit & balance plan" below the check section.
You can then enable "Offer check initial deposit & balance plan" which will allow you to process an initial deposit amount and then allow you to apply further payments as you receive the checks.
1. Edit Participant Categories allows you to select specific categories of exhibitors that are allowed to use the payment plan.
2. Select between Fixed amount or percentage, to either charge a flat down payment or else have the down payment automatically calculate based off of a percentage of the order.
3. Set the amount or percentage of Initial Deposit
4. Set the final Balance Due date. This is the final deadline for all payments. The exhibitors will automatically receive email notification of the approaching deadline as a reminder to pay the remainder of their balance.
NOTE: Check payments will need to be applied to the order manually with the "Add Payment" button that will be displayed on the invoice of those who opted into check payment plans. Just enter the amount you received and select "Add Payment"
3b. - If you have chosen Stripe as your payment gateway, you will have the option of turning on Installment Plans which will allow them to select between a number of equal payments.
After you enable "Offer installment plans" for your credit portal you will see the above options.
1. "Initial down payment" - you can choose to enter either a percentage-based or flat fee. This amount will be charged immediately upon approval of the order.
2. Select the "Max number of installments", this allows you to set the maximum number of installments an exhibitor can choose from. For example, if you set this to 3, then the exhibitor can choose to pay in two equal payments or three equal payments, but cannot choose more than that.
3. "Charge Every": Allows you to choose the timeframe of how often the payment will be charged, for example, if this is set to Monthly, then one charge will be made per month until the number of installments is reached.
4. "Balance Due Date": This is the date by which all payments must be completed. If this date passes, then the remaining balance on the order will be immediately charged regardless of the installment setup.
5." Edit Participant categories" allows you to set which categories of exhibitors you wish to allow to make payments via an installment plan. By default, this will allow all exhibitors.
NOTE: Credit payments will be debited automatically after you approve the order.
NOTE: The exhibitor will get email notifications prior to each payment becoming due and on the day it is due.